1. What does TPU stand for?
TPU stands for timedpickups (pu).
2. What devices are the TPU app available on?
The TPU Passenger app is available on iOS & Android devices.
3. What year did TPU start?
TPU launched in February of 2016
4. Is the App available world wide?
Yes, we are available for use world wide.
5. Do you guys give out discounts to passengers?
Yes, we send out notifications through the TPU app for deals we have going on.
6. If I need more than one car will I be able to book them?
Yes, you will be able to book more than one car. Make sure if you need more than one that you book them at least 5 days in advance.
7. What is a wait fee?
When you have more than one stop and the driver waits 30 minutes or more for you to come back.
8. If I want to schedule a ride, how much time in advance do I need to give the Driver?
When you schedule a ride it is good to give the Driver a day or hour notice in advance. It gives the Driver time to prepare for the pickup and also makes sure that they are available for your TPU.
9. Can we tip the Driver?
Yes, we have the tipping option available on our platform or you can tip them how you see fit.
10. What is a DIN?
DIN stand for Drivers Identification Number. When you take a ride from a TPU Driver you may request the Drivers DIN if you will like to be picked up again by the same Driver.
11. If I see a car on the street with a TPU sticker, can I wave them down for a ride?
No, you can not. We recommend you download the app and make a request. If the driver is not already on a trip, you will be able to use that Driver.
12. How does the payment system work?
When you logon our platform, you will be able to add your card details in the payment section of our app. Our Drivers accept all major debit and credit cards including American Express. We do not accept pre-paid cards. We also accept payments through the Cash App. We use Square to finalize all transactions.
13. What are the different features on the apps home page?
We currently have 4 features on the apps homepage which include;
1. Request Driver
2. Schedule Trip
3. Customer Service Number
4. Review Area
13. At what times can I schedule a TPU?
You can schedule a TPU at anytime of the day or night. We will find you Drivers that work at the hours you will like to schedule your TPU.
14. How are the rates calculated for TPU?
We have different vehicle types for you to choose from. For Example:
TPU Comfort - None Luxury Vehicles & None Luxury Mid Size Vehicles - Occupancy of 4 or 5
TPU Select - Luxury Cars & Luxury Mid Size Vehicles - Occupancy of 4 or 5
TPU Elite - Luxury Cars, Luxury Mid Size & Luxury SUV'S - Occupancy of 4, 6 or 8
TPU SUV - Non Luxury SUV's & Luxury SUV's - Occupancy of 4, 6 or 8
TPU Diamond - Membership required.
15. Will I get a receipt?
Yes, if you will like to get a receipt(s), we send them automatically to your email you sign up with right after the trip gets completed or an email of your choice if you are looking for specific ones.
16. What happens if I make a mess in my Drivers car?
If you make a mess, you will be responsible for the clean up or damage(s). If you make a mess or damage anything in a car that is used to pick you up, you must report it as soon as possible or it might lead to you loosing access to the TPU platform. By using the services of the TPU platform you agree to giving us the ability to charge you for the damages or mess made by you or your guests riding with you.
17. What are the rules for Drivers with cameras in their cars?
We recommend Drivers to have cameras in their vehicles for accident & or safety purposes.
18. How old do you have to be to ride with TPU?
You have to be 18 years of age to ride alone. If you are under the age of 18 you will have to be accompanied by a parent or guardian that is over the age of 21.
19. What is a PID?
PID stands for Passengers Identification. You will need this ID to login to the TPU app, connect with a Driver or Customer Support.
Do you guys have Gift Cards?
Yes, we have Gift Cards available for purchase. Click Here
What are your rules for pets?
We have Driver's that have pet friendly vehicles. At the time of their application to use the TPU Driver's platform, each Driver is asked if they have a pet friendly vehicle. Some of the Driver's have pets of their own so they understand that pets are like family and should be able to ride with their families.
One of the reasons some Driver's do not like to carry some pets is because it is hard sometimes to clean after a pet. If they plan to continue picking up Passenger's they must make sure nothing is left from the animal in case the next rider is allergic.
We are educating both Driver's and Passenger's on how to properly make sure they both know the rules by:
- Carrying a blanket big enough to cover the area where the animal will be seating
- Making sure there is enough room in the vehicles Passenger back seat area to where the seat is completly moved forward.
- By Always carry wipes incase there is any residue left by the animal.
- Making sure your animal is clean and not have any bad scent that will hinder the Driver from focusing on the road.
What is the seating capacity if you have a pet?
The capacity if you have a pet is 3 including the animal. If you have two pets, they must sit on the laps of their family members.